Intro to Studio Photography for Artists
Time & Location
About the event
Are a figurative artist who works from photo reference but doesn't know where to begin with shooting professional quality reference photos indoors? This class is for you! In this course we will cover the basics of using studio lighting equipment and posing a model.
Content will include topics such as:
- Strobes vs. continous light sources.
- The difference between the key light, fill light, and hair light and when to use them.
- Immitating environmental colors. i.e. fire light or moonlight
- How the heck do I make my model's hands look graceful?
- How do I make the most out of the time I have with my model?
It is important that you already have a functioning knowledge of your camera and how to use it in manual mode. If you are not yet comfortable with your camera, I highly recommend taking my "How to Use Your DSLR" course.
Items to bring to the workshop:
- A DSLR Camera (including multiple memory cards, a back up battery, and charger)
- Something for taking notes
- Virtual Attendance$40+$2.90 UT Sales$40+$2.90 UT Sales0$0
- In Studio Attendance$115+$8.34 UT Sales$115+$8.34 UT Sales0$0